Guess the star of world football from their classic football sticker
Despite Andy Gray’s unnecessarily loud protestations that the Premier League is the only football division worth watching, there is actually football played elsewhere and some of them foreigners are even quite good.
You’d have thought the geographically blinkered misogynistic shouty-man would have noticed this, as the home nations have repeatedly struggled in major tournaments and sometimes don’t even bother turning up.
For those willing to look beyond the Sky Sports hype machine though there are and have been for many years world class players performing in other lands, who have unfortunately never graced domestic football in England.
So in their honour and with complete disregard for spending time socialising with loved ones, here are 33 familiar names attached to not so familiar faces from past and present to get you thinking. Good luck.
Share this quiz
- When did co-commentary become such a serious and miserable business?
- Why do we devote so much time to sharing our love of football for free?
- Villa’s Tokyo downfall: The apparent formality of a world title match
- Son Heung-min and the forgotten wonder goals
- Guess the Premier League goalscorer from the GIF
- A fateful flight
- Goodbye to the instant analogue gratification of Ceefax
- Player Profile: Steve Ogrizovic
- Rejecting FA Cup money in favour of a car boot sale
- It’s a man’s world? Former Arsenal manager crosses the gender divide