Guess the facially fuzzy player from their classic football sticker
Image conscious and media savvy, present day footballers are largely polished representatives of their club and the cliché ridden game.
However, this hasn’t always been the way, as before the financial winds of change swept through football, players often flaunted their wonderfully rough edge.
Sporting a varied array of fantastic facial fuzz, below are 36 players who exaggerated their individuality with a manicured or wild face full of fur.
Congratulations to Jan Maas for correctly answering all 36 puzzlers and bagging three months of full access to tips at betting pioneers BETEGY. The competition has now closed, but this will remain live as a bit of fun, and there are plenty more to test yourself with here.
Share this quiz
- When did co-commentary become such a serious and miserable business?
- Why do we devote so much time to sharing our love of football for free?
- Villa’s Tokyo downfall: The apparent formality of a world title match
- Son Heung-min and the forgotten wonder goals
- Guess the Premier League goalscorer from the GIF
- A fateful flight
- Goodbye to the instant analogue gratification of Ceefax
- Player Profile: Steve Ogrizovic
- Rejecting FA Cup money in favour of a car boot sale
- It’s a man’s world? Former Arsenal manager crosses the gender divide