Spurs struggle to penetrate Young Boys defence
The favourites tag seemingly weighed heavy around Tottenham’s neck on Tuesday night, as they succumbed to the forward intentions of Young Boys and were defeated 3-2.
Spurs were slow getting started in their first ever Champions League tie and were guilty of firing blanks at Young Boys, who on the other hand were clinical.
Seemingly content to leave the hard work for the second leg at White Hart Lane, Spurs put in a performance that was reminiscent of their yo-yo days of old, where a good performance was sponged from the memory by a terrible one.
Thankfully though Spurs’ poor performance and inability to beat the unfancied Swiss side might be masked by the fact last nights game was played at the Stade de Suisse Wankdorf stadium in Bern, against a bunch of Young Boys.
It’s a headline writers dream.
Tags: Tottenham Hotspur, UEFA Champions League
Share this article
- Aston Villa’s train bantaaaaaaaa and your recently divorced uncle
- It’s a man’s world? Former Arsenal manager crosses the gender divide
- Burying bad news beneath bad news at Aston Villa
- The other goal
- Guess the World Cup finalist from their transfer history
- Den Andra Sporten 
- UEFA hide behind an empty fine as Polish and Lithuanian tensions continue
- The absence of the Villa – Blues derby hurts both clubs
- The decline of football in a country Hungary for success
- Player Profile: Jan Molby